Saturday, April 18, 2009

Lets Go Fly A Kite

Looks like a perfect day for kite flying.
(If you zoom in on this Pic. you'll see our kite)

"A Curious Bystander"

As Liv prepares the string, Popeye (aka: cow that thinks he's a hog) is wondering what kind of yummy morsels Liv has to offer him.

"Listen here buddy, this is NOT food, and you are NOT hungry"




Just relaxing in the cow pasture.

(The only place to fly a kite without electric lines.)


SNAKE SKINNING

(Warning: Thabeth Tuba and Mrs. Stokes, you might not want to look at the rest of this post.)

There's a problem!!!

"No Problem"

While out in the garden picking broccoli, the littles spotted a Cotton Mouth Moccasin hiding, waiting for prey. Ariana used her handy dandy tool (the hoe) and took care of the problem. Living by the swamp, we see many of these venomous snakes. They like to hide, and they blend in well, so you really have to be on the lookout for them.



Just because it is dead, doesn't mean it's harmless. It can still inject it's venom in its prey long after its dead.

DON'T TOUCH!!

Liv, processing the snake for skinning.

"Whoa, is it just me or is there a snake at my feet?"
The End
(Btw: The snake in this pic is NOT alive. We might be crazy, but we're not stupid:)
posted by mom who thinks these snake pics are gross.

10 comments:

Amanda McAuley said...

EEE-WWWW!!
Glad that one is dead. :)
BTW: Thanks for warning me not to touch the snake! What would I do without y'all?!?

Love,
Amanda (who thinks the snake pics are gross too!)

Mrs. Stokesies said...

You are right, I DO NOT like this post. I can deal with chicks, kittens, eggs, birds, squirrels, lizards and maybe a frog in my office, but I can't deal with a cold blooded serpent. Sorry, I know the Lord made em, but I DO NOT like them. You fearless Pollock children never cease to amaze me.
Love ya, but,Don't ya EVEN think about it,
Mrs. Stokesies:)

The Brockett Bunch said...

DISCUSTING!!!!! I do not like this post one bit. Wild horses would never drag me to live in Florida!
Your friend who does not like snakes,
Thabeh

The Brockett Bunch said...

Just a quick question, What CD do you have playing? It sounds really pretty. :)
Missing you all,
Amy

The Pollock Family said...

Amy, go to the bottom of the page and it shows who sings plays each song. We just downloaded them all.

Missing you too.

Love ya,
Tina

The Reynolds said...

Oh - I realize I just met my match! I can butcher cows, pigs, chickens turkeys, deliver calves and babies.....I don't mind snakes, BuT I HAtE, Hate, Hate,the thought of a POISON snake in my garden.....or my yard.....or anywhere on the whole farm for that matter!!!!!!! YUK! I am NOT cut out for the south!!! I cannot take chiggers, ticks, OR POISON snakes!!!!!!!
Your friends
from the NORTH (thank you very much!)
The Reynolds

The Miller Family said...

Eeeewwww! The "snake skinning episode" is definitely NOT for the faint-hearted! I liked the cute, fluffy chicks hatching so much more!

I'm sure the testosterone side of the Millers will love the "snake skinning episode" if they ever have time to read about it!

Love,
Katie

Haley Alford said...

urggg i absolely hate thing that crawl sitlther or go ribet

Amy said...

Way to go with Mr. snake... must say I'd take a chicken over a snake, but ju says she'd take the snake.... the skin is cool I must admit but... yuck!!!

And when the Reynolds commented earlier- that was mom.:)

The Stricklen Family said...

Ok, that was very gross - but interesting! I must say I am proud of those girls. I don't think I could have done that (maybe if I HAD to), but I wouldn't have done it!

I kept hearing/reading about these "snake" pictures and I just had to find the post about them. Now I wish I hadn't (ha! ha!)

See you later!
Mrs. Stricklen