Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Plastic Makes You Spastic

BUTTER OR MARGARINE??


Margarine was originally manufactured to fatten turkeys. The only problem was when they ate it on a regular diet it killed them! The developers of margarine had put a lot of money into the research and wanted a payback of some kind. They put their heads together and decided the white substance had no appeal, so they added yellow coloring and sold it to replace butter.


A medical study at Harvard Medical School shows that eating margarine can increase heart disease in women by 53% over eating the SAME AMOUNT of butter. Eating butter increases absorption of many other nutrients in other foods. Butter has been around for centuries where margarine has been with us for less than 100 years.

As for Margarine......

It is very high in trans fatty acids.

It has triple risk of coronary heart disease and increases bad cholesterol (LDL) and lowers the good (HDL) cholesterol.

Margarine increases the risk of cancer up to five times!
It lowers the quality of breast milk, decreases immune response and decreases insulin response.
Margarine is but ONE molecule away from being plastic!

It's like spreading Tupperware on your toast!


Experiment results:


After setting a opened tub or margarine outside for a few days, the following resulted:
1. Flies will not touch it.


2. It does not rot or smell any differently, because it has no nutritional value.

3. Nothing will grow in it, not even MOLD!


WHICH ONE WOULD YOU LIKE:)


7 comments:

Kitty said...

Uh yea. I knew there was a reason my body automatically rejected the stuff the few times I tried to injest it. 8-0 :)

Love,
~Kitty~

BTW - - some of those facts are highly amusing!!! :-D

The Stricklen Family said...

Wow! I'm impressed!! You all have certainly done your research. And I thought I was the only health quackpot, I mean "health nut!!"
You know I agree with everything you posted -- it was GREAT!! And very amuzing as well!
Why can't more people realize the dangers of margarine?? It is so gross on top of all it's other bad points!
The Lord bless you all and have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!
Molly

The Miller Family said...

Great post! I didn't know that margarine was originially made to fatten turkeys. What scary statistics. My kids regularly make the "would you like some plastic on your bread" comment if wee are in a resaurant that only serves margarine!

God Bless!

Katie

His Space said...

I've never eatin it cuz it always freaked me out for some reason....aaaaaaaaa nasty, why would they be alowed to market something like that and call it food ) : sad

thanks for the info tho, i'll pass it on!

luv and peace in christ JU

oh i hav a new favorite psalm now ~ Psalm 34

The Stricklen Family said...

Ooooh!! I just realized I made a spelling error -- please allow me to correct it "amusing". There, I feel much better now ;)
Well, Katie made two of them right under me (hee! hee!) We "must have been tired" or something, right (??)

Molly

The Pollock Family said...

Thank you all for posting. It's funny how people think it's good for you because it's lower in fat and cholesterol!! :0 The whole thinking is Crazy!

Merry Christmas to You All,
Mrs. P

The Pollock Family said...

Molly, we would be the LAST ones on this earth to be worrying about your spelling error! We actually didn't even notice :)