Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Cannin and Gardenin

Well, the time has come to Harvest our winter garden:)
So that brings us to the Canning Kitchen.




Liv Loves Leens(I mean Greens)
Btw: We washed those before we canned them:)


Our wonderful garden of Musterd Greens, Collard Greens,
Broccoli, Onions, And way too much Cabbage!


Pickin some Collards


Another look at the garden

Um...

A boiling pot of delicious morsels:) yum:)

Art




Ari Loves her job!




The key to canning is boiling water



The Stack, or should I say one of the many stacks.




Green Beauty



James helping wash, but.....



The cows Love when we can cause they get the scraps.


They just don't share very well :P

"Can I have more?"







The Other Garden





Liv the sprinkler, sprinkling the resets from the first garden.




Liv can you see,


By the big green tree,
Where the waters runnin free,


And it's waitin there for you and meeeeee,


Water, cool, clear, water, coooool water...



The Joys of working




(:Hoeing :)







Ariana's Art













*Thanks for stopping by*
Y'all come back now, ya here:)

Posted by
Christiana Pollock

8 comments:

The Dischers said...

You sure reaped an abundance in your garden! That's wonderful! You must have put a lot of work into it.

The pictures are beautiful. Thanks for posting!

Love,
The Dischers

The Miller Family said...

Mmm, mmm those greens look delicious! Your garden is just overflowing with wonderful veggies!

We'll start planting greens and lettuce here in a few weeks. We can't wait!

Love,
The Millers

The Reynolds said...

Ok - this is unreal! I mean CANNING!? We still have snow! It was 5 degrees this morning.....I can't even wrap my mind around that. Hmmm.
I am just starting to seriously plan our garden.

Can greens? Never heard (or thought of that) I'm intrigued. I want to know more. I personally love canned stuff on my shelves. So convenient and homemade!

Happy canning! (can I come and see this for real? I can't wait to dig my bare toes into WARM soil again!)

Gail~

Anonymous said...

Yumm. Those greens look great! What a blessing! That rooster though..ehh..he would look much better fried or in a pot. :D Ariana's art is lovely. :)
Wellllllll, hope to see y'all soon!
Love,
Amanda :)

The Stricklen Family said...

All those fresh veggies look delightful!! I had never thought of canning greens either, but they look great.
I loved Ariana's art. What nice pictures. Where was that pretty lake at?
That rooster was pretty ~ as much as I dislike roosters. But I agree with Amanda, he should be in a pot stewing!

Love,
Molly

The Pollock Family said...

Molly, that lake is across the pasture behind the house. I don't think you've ever been back that far, have you?

We agree about the rooster, but since he's the last one he gets to stay. He's not too bad, he's only tried to attack a few times, but didn't get very far. I think he's learned his lesson :)

Love you,
Tina

Mrs. Stokesies said...

Them thar greens er the best I ever did et:) Nothing like a big ole pot of delicious greens n hot dogs and hamburgers and all the fixens for Sunday dinner and then a wonderful evening with the Wissmann Family. Thanks, my dear Pollocks for sharing of the bounty with all us here church folk. We love ya, The Stokesies

Kitty said...

All those greens sure look good! :) That was some help that James was giving! ;-P

Ariana, your pictures look strangely like Sarah's favorite shots. :-P

Love,
~Kitty~