Saturday, September 20, 2008

A Day At The Farm

Jonathan calling the cows



Building a hog pen for the, ever increasing, wild hog population!!




Time to call it a night on the fence building.

Mary hanging out laundry on the......


"Easy Tightening" clothesline.

Thanks, Liv

Ariana is happy about her "special" package she's going to pick up.


Wonder what it could be??
(The holes in the box are hint #1)

(The yellow bag is Hint #2)

75 "Black Star" pullet chicks.

She has to make sure each one knows where the special sugar water is.

They've been riding around with the postal service for 2 days.

They are happy to be FREE!!

This is "Bubba", Jon's bunny as of 4 days ago.

The white bunny is Mary's.

Her (I hope) name is Twinkles.

I informed Mary, if it's a boy we HAVE to change the name!!

Meanwhile, back inside, the girls decide to paint, (almost) the entire house.

Momma is grateful for her hard workers.

Liv does all the trim.

(A few days of this makes for a stiff back)

The finished product


Thank you ladies for all the hard work.
You did a super job and I love it!!

7 comments:

The Dart Family said...

I knew exactly what the "special" package was as soon as I saw the box! We received over 700 chickens in those boxes throughout the summer. The post office is sure happy to see us coming in to pick those little peepers up!

Very good job on the painting. The paint job on the walls and girls look very nice!

~Abby

Anonymous said...

I was very happy to see some pics of around your farm!
Emily and I have done tons and tons of painting. We have painted the last three houses!(The whole inside)
Thanks for keeping us updated:)
Hillary

The Stricklen Family said...

How exciting! Your farm is surely growing! I just love raising chickens! Your home improvement project looks GREAT! The girls did such a nice job (I think I saw Jonathon with a paint brush as well!)

Love,
The Stricklens

The Miller Family said...

Looks like lots of progress for the Pollocks, both inside and out! What kind of chicks did y'all get? Hope all is well with your family!

Love,
The Millers

The Pollock Family said...

Hello Miller Family,

The chickens we ended up getting are black star sex links. They grow fast and are excellent layers for any weather. They are very gentle, also, which helps. It's never fun dealing with chickens that have attitudes!! Hope all is well up north. Enjoy the weather:)

Love ya,
The Pollocks

Another Beautiful Day said...

Hello Pollocks,
Love the pictures. Great job girls. Oh how I wish you guys were here to paint. We've finished the inside now for the out. (OH MY!!) It looks great. Wanted to let you know we have a new email and blog address. Our email is davidlainfamily@gmail.com and our blog is www.davidlainfamily.blogspot.com

All our love,
The Lains

Mrs. Stokesies said...

Aw, my little house on the prairie Mary. She is such a big helper. Oh boy now there will be 50 chickens visiting me in the office, just kiddin, I love my farm office and I'm thankful. The painting looks great girls, now for the ole Stokes' homestead..... Love yall:)